I grew up walking distance from the ocean and have many fond memories of time spent at the beach. Through the years, I have traveled to beaches all over the world but the Florida beaches of my childhood are still my favorite.
Now a resident of Idaho, I find it difficult to live so far from the coast. However, being landlocked doesn’t mean you can’t incorporate the feel of seaside living into your space…wherever that may be.
Here are some ideas:
1. Do something different…what about prints for your walls? I love this nautical Wall Paper from Jonathan Adler.
2. These mold, mildew and fade resistent throw pillows from Thomas Paul are prefect for your indoor or outdoor seating. Available at All Modern.
3. For your outdoor space…Aurora Glow Sea Glass from us at Allsop Home and Garden. Solar string lights that incorporate the greens, yellows and blues found in sea glass.
4. For a unique indoor lighting option, check out this coral chandelier from Moth Design. I love this piece!
5. Albertus Seba’s Cabinet of Natural Curiosities. One of the most prized natural history books of all time filled with illustrations of plants, animals, sea creatures and more. Basically, the ultimate coffee table book!
6. Seahorse sculpture from Jonathan Adler. I love the detailed simplicity of this sculpture.
7. Last, but not least…”Beach” candle from Trina Turk. When you close your eyes, it almost smells like the beach…almost.